What is a G Suite for Education Student Account?
A Google G Suite for Education student account allows you to access your learning within a secure online collaboration platform provided and managed by the School District. G Suite offers unlimited online file storage and is to be used for educational purposes along with other Google Apps tools. These tools are accessible from any device that has access to the internet.
If you are a student between Grade 9-12, annual student consent is required for a SD61 G Suite account. To renew consent visit this page. Please follow the instructions below to request a SD61 G Suite account.
Student G Suite Account Sign Up
- Go to: SD61 website
- On the left side of the screen Click > Request/Renew an Account
- If requested, enter your Student Number and Password (the same one you use to log into the school computers and wifi)
- Scroll DOWN
- Your name should show up on the bottom of the page as part of a user agreement statement
- Read the terms and conditions, check off you have done so, and click Request Account
- You will immediately see your login information. Record This!
- Example: email@example.com
- Your default password is gafegafe
- You will be asked to change your password on first log in.
- If you are renewing your account, your password will be what you set it to before.
- Wait and try to log in. It may take up to two hours for your account to be active.
Please visit www.sd61.bc.ca/gafe for more information about Google Apps for Education at SD61.