What is a Google Apps for Education Student Account?
A Google Apps for Education (GAFE) student account allows you to access your learning within a secure online collaboration platform provided and managed by the School District. GAFE offers unlimited online file storage and is to be used for educational purposes along with other Google Apps tools. These tools are accessible from any device that has access to the internet.
If you are a student between Grade 9-12, student consent is required for a SD61 GAFE account. Please follow the instructions below to request a SD61 GAFE account.
Student GAFE Account Sign Up
- Go to: www.sd61.bc.ca
- Go to: Parent and Student Resources Tab
- Select: Student GAFE Account
- Click > Request/Renew an Account
- If requested, enter your Student Number and Password (the same one you use to log into the school computers and wifi)
- Scroll DOWN
- Your name should show up on the bottom of the page as part of a user agreement statement
- Read the terms and conditions, check off you have done so, and click Request Account
- You will immediately see your login information. Record This!
- Example: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your default password is gafegafe
- You will be asked to change your password on first log in.
- Wait and try to log in. It may take up to two hours for your account to be active.
Please visit www.sd61.bc.ca/gafe for more information about Google Apps for Education at SD61.