School District #61 recently revised school policy and regulation regarding volunteer drivers. The district is committed to ensuring student safety. With this in mind, drivers who are volunteering to drive any child other than their own will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check (CRC) and Driver’s Abstract. This information will need to be updated either yearly or once every 5 years. Please note:
- Parent driving own child only – No documents are required.
- Non-custodial grandparent, or any other related family member (aunt, uncle) If driving related child – no documents are required. If driving other children – all documents are required.
If you can help:
- Complete a Volunteer Driver – Adult – and bring in a copy of your Driver’s License and insurance with a minimum of $2,000,000 liability to the school office.
- Phone ICBC (1-800-663-3051) to get a copy of your Driver’s Abstract. or visit ICBC online. Driver’s Abstracts can be mailed or emailed, please bring it to the school office.
- Apply online for a Criminal Record Check at https://justice.gov.bc.ca/eCRC/home.htm. Use our school’s access code: LGUHY5CY9B.* Your Criminal Record Check will be sent directly to the school. Please note CRC’s are currently taking 4 to 6 weeks to process.
Criminal Record Check applicants who do not have a credit history of at least six months or have not been living in Canada for at least two years will need to get a Volunteer Driver Letter from the school office to take it to your municipal police department.
We greatly appreciate all of our volunteer drivers taking the time to complete this process. Please be assured that your personal information will be kept confidential and secure. For further information, please contact the school office.