REGISTRATION PROCESS FOR NEW STUDENTS
A.) If your son or daughter is currently attending Colquitz or Glanford, and we are your catchment school, they will transfer automatically. Counsellors will be visiting middle schools for course programming. If you are out of catchment, you will need to follow the transfer process set out by the District.
- Please check out the District Website for all information on the transfer process. Visit https://www.sd61.bc.ca/parent-student-resources/registration for updated information.
B.) If your son or daughter is currently registered at any other public school in School District #61, you will need to follow the transfer process. Once you have received approval, letter by mail, please call the school to arrange an appointment. for course programming.
C.) If you are brand new to the district (currently in private school, in another district, or from out of town) you may apply directly to the school – see the process below for the steps and required forms. If you presently live in the Spectrum “catchment area”, using your postal code and the school locator on School District 61′s website. Each school has a certain defined region from which it draws students. Students within catchment will get priority, but early registrations from out of catchment will often be able to be registered.
STEP 1: Required Documentation
The following information is required to register new students to the district:
- Most recent marks
- Please read the Registration Guide to see what is accepted
STEP 2: Registration, Course Selection Form and Appointment(s)
- Complete the Registration Form 2020-2021
- and provide the required documents (see Step #1)
- Course forms and course information is available here: —–> https://spectrum.sd61.bc.ca/programs-courses/course-forms-and-handbooks/
- Provide any special circumstances or assistance that the student may require, such as support for Learning Disabilities, Resource Room, Speech and Language, Health and Behaviour. Also, please provide all other pertinent information that you feel would enhance your son/daughter’s learning experiences at Spectrum.
- Send all documents to the school either directly, by fax (250-479-8204), or email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- An administrator will call to set up an appointment
STEP 3: Meet with a counsellor
Once the student is enrolled, you can make an appointment with a counsellor to choose courses.