The Numeracy Assessment is a requirement for graduation.
Starting in 2019-2020, the assessment will be written in grade 10. Current grade 11’s will also write in the year 2019-20. Any grade 12’s who have not yet written the Numeracy Assessment will also need to write.
Current grade 10s and 11s will be writing the Numeracy Assessment in January, 2020. Locations TBA.
- Grade 10s will write the Numeracy Assessment on January 23 from 8:30 – 10:30 (with an optional third hour to write).
- Grade 11s will write the Numeracy Assessment on January 23 from 12:00 – 2:00 (with an optional third hour to write).
Information for parents and students:
- BC government page: https://curriculum.gov.bc.ca/assessment/grade-10-numeracy-assessment
- Spectrum’s Numeracy FAQ
Drop-in help for the Numeracy Assessment is available every Collaboration (Thursdays, 8:30 – 9:05) in rm 322 starting in November:
Practice for the Assessment:
- Online Sample Numeracy Assessment
- Printable Sample Numeracy Assessment (PDF)
- Sample Numeracy Assessment – Answer Key (PDF)
- Sample Numeracy Assessment – Worked Solutions (PDF)
- Numeracy Assessment – Reference Pages (PDF) (formula sheet)
To view the results of your Numeracy Assessment, please check out the ministry website here