The Numeracy Assessment is a requirement for graduation.
Starting in 2019-2020, the assessment will be written in grade 10. Current grade 11’s will also write in the year 2019-20. Any grade 12’s who have not yet written the Numeracy Assessment will also need to write.
All students in grade 10 will be expected to write the numeracy assessment during this 2020-21 school year. Dates and times will be communicated closer to the date . Locations TBA.
Students in grade 11 and 12 that did not write the previous year will also be expected to write the assessment during the school year. Dates and locations TBA
Information for parents and students:
- BC government page: https://curriculum.gov.bc.ca/assessment/grade-10-numeracy-assessment
- Spectrum’s Numeracy FAQ
Drop-in help for the Numeracy Assessment is available every Collaboration (Thursdays, 8:30 – 9:05) in rm 322 starting in November:
Practice for the Assessment:
- Online Sample Numeracy Assessment
- Printable Sample Numeracy Assessment (PDF)
- Sample Numeracy Assessment – Answer Key (PDF)
- Sample Numeracy Assessment – Worked Solutions (PDF)
- Numeracy Assessment – Reference Pages (PDF) (formula sheet)
To view the results of your Numeracy Assessment, please check out the ministry website here