Print student RELEASE FORM INSTRUCTIONS here
Print a STUDENT RELEASE FORM here
The Double-Gate System for Reunification will be used to establish a safe area for staff to release students to parents, or authorized guardians in the aftermaths of a disaster.
During a Student/Parent Reunification, the following steps will be followed:
- Greeters will be dispersed around the school grounds (as required) to direct parents/authorized guardians to the Check-In Gate .
- Arriving parents/authorized guardians will be sorted into alphabetical lines corresponding to the first letter of the family name of the student(s) being picked up.
- A staff member will ask for government issued picture identification (driver’s license, military ID, passport, etc.) to confirm the parent/guardian requesting the student(s) is listed on the Student(s) Release Form, and is authorized to do so.
- Staff will fill out the name of the requesting person, intended destination, time of pick up, and write the name of the requesting person on the tear away section.
- Staff will Sign the “Authorization for Student(s) Release” section of the form.
- The parent/guardian will Sign for the student(s) on the Student(s) Release Form.
- The top portion of the Student(s) Release Form will be filed by the Student Release Supervisor.
- If the Student(s) Release Form is not in the Release Binder, the parent/authorized guardian will be directed to the Release Supervisor table.
- The Release Supervisor will confirm that the student has been released.
- If the student is injured or missing, the parent/guardian will be escorted to the First Aid Area, or to the area where the Mental Health Team is located.
- The parent/authorized guardian will take the bottom portion of the Student(s) Release Form and proceed to the Release Gate . The form will be given to a Runner (staff member) in the area.
- The Runner will go to the Student Assembly Area, locate the requested student(s), escort them to the Release Gate and hand them over to the parent/authorized guardian.
- The bottom portion of the Student(s) Release Form will be kept by the Release Gate Supervisor.